The professional Master’s Degree in Informatics Engineering provides students with the competencies and skills needed for practising professionally as a computer engineer. The Master’s Degree introduces students to the vast array of innovating methodologies and technologies of computer science and prepares them to integrate this knowledge in highly practical ways. Students will have the opportunity to create, coordinate and plan computing projects.
Additionally, the training components of the master ground students in a solid scientific and technologic basis for developing RDI activities. The programme uses a face-to-face teaching modality. However, the programme also facilitates schedules and training activities for students who cannot regularly attend classes.
A team of motivated teachers will guide students throughout the course of the syllabus, which emphasizes practicality and innovation and also offers students the opportunity to work for several months in a computing company.
The objectives of this Master’s Degree, regulated by the Resolution of 8 June 2009 of the General Secretariat of Universities, which establishes recommendations for the report of official degrees in the area of Computer Engineering, are as follows:
- Capacity to project, calculate and design products, processes and installations in all fields of Informatics Engineering.
- Capacity to manage computing systems and installations, in compliance with current regulations, and assure quality service.
- Capacity to manage, plan and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
- Capacity to develop mathematical modelling, computation and simulation in technological companies and engineering centres, particularly with regard to research, development and innovation tasks in all fields related to informatics engineering.
- Capacity to elaborate, strategically plan, manage, coordinate and technically and economically manage projects in all fields of informatics engineering following quality and environmental criteria.
- Capacity to work as general directors, technical directors and research, development and innovation project directors in the area of informatics engineering in companies and technological centres.
- Capacity to implement and manage computer equipment manufacturing processes, guaranteeing personal and material safety, the final quality of products and their homologation.
- Capacity to apply the knowledge acquired for solving problems in new and unfamiliar situations within broader and more multidisciplinary contexts, and to be capable of integrating this knowledge.
- Capacity to understand and apply ethical responsibility, legislation and professional ethics in informatics engineering activities.
- Capacity to apply economic principles, manage human resources and projects, and comply with computer legislation, regulation and normalization.
The Master’s Degree in Informatics Engineering of the UdL entitles graduates to practice professionally as computer engineers, and provides them with the following specific competences:
- Capacity to integrate computer technologies, applications, services and systems, in general and in broader and multidisciplinary contexts.
- Capacity to strategically plan, elaborate, manage, coordinate, and technically and economically manage in areas related to computer engineering, in compliance with quality and environmental criteria. These areas include systems, applications, services, networks, computer infrastructure, installations, software development, and multidisciplinary work contexts.
- Capacity to manage research projects, develop and innovate, work in companies and technologic centres and guarantee personal and material safety and the final quality of products and their homologation.
- Capacity to model, design and define architecture, as well as implant, manage, operate, administrate and maintain applications, networks, systems, services and computer contents.
- Capacity to understand and apply the function and organization of the Internet and the technologies and protocols of new generation networks, component models, intermediary software and services.
- Capacity to ensure, manage, audit and certify the quality of developments, processes, systems, services, applications and computing products.
- Capacities to design, develop, manage and evaluate the mechanisms of safety certification and guarantee the treatment and access to information in a local or distributed processing system.
- Capacity to analyse the needs of information in an environment and carry out the construction of an information system in all its stages.
- Capacity to design and evaluate operating systems and servers, as well as applications and systems based on distributed computing.
- Capacity to understand and apply the advanced knowledge of high performance computing and numeric or computing methods to engineering problems.
- Capacity to design and develop systems, applications and computer services in embedded and ubiquitous systems.
- Capacity to apply mathematic methods, statistics and artificial intelligence to model, design and develop applications, services, intelligent systems and knowledge based systems.
- Capacity to use and develop methodologies, methods, techniques, specific use programmes graphic computing regulations and standards.
- Capacities to conceptualize, design, develop and evaluate the human-computer interaction of products, systems, applications and computer services.
- Capacities to create and exploit virtual environments, and create, manage and distribute multimedia content.
Additionally, the University of Lleida and the Higher Polytechnic School have established some transversal competences within the syllabi of all their degrees, which include:
- Acquiring solid oral and written expression.
- Knowledge of a foreign language.
- Command of ICT.
- Respecting the fundamental rights of equality between men and women, promoting Human Rights, peace and democratic values
- Capacity to plan and organize personal work.
- Capacity to consider the socio-economic context and sustainability criteria in engineering solutions.
- Capacity to transmit information, ideas and solutions to specialized and non-specialized customers.
- Capacity to conceive, design and implement projects and/or give new solutions using engineering tools.
- Being motivated to obtain quality and make continuous progress.
To obtain the title of Master's Degree in Informatics Engineering will attain a cionjunt of competences associated to the assignatures of the Plan of Study. Table of Competences.